Armistice Brewing Company, a small, taproom-oriented brewery in Richmond, CA, has an opening for a full-time taproom manager. We are searching for a leader who is responsible and trustworthy, who can match our passion for brewing great, fresh beer and commitment to excellent service, and who can exercise judgment and work interpedently. A team of six or more taproom associates and will report directly to the Taproom Manager, and the Taproom Manager will report directly to ownership.
Full-time position. The taproom is currently open to the public seven days a week starting at noon. The taproom closes at midnight on Friday and Saturday and at 10 pm every other night. We occasionally have events when the taproom is not regularly open. The taproom manager should be present to lead the team during most evening hours of operation and complete administrative and management work during other hours.
This is a salaried position, and the salary depends on the experience of the candidate. This is not a tipped position
Taproom manager will effectively lead and manage the taproom staff to ensure the taproom is operating efficiently. Taproom manager should have a great attitude and communicate effectively with employees, owners, and customers. Taproom manager must be a leader, team player, honest, trustworthy, dedicated, disciplined (and able to discipline), hardworking, self-motivated, possess an attention to detail, exercise good judgement, be able to work independently, be able to empower other employees, and delegate tasks. This employee is responsible for enforcing Armistice Brewing Company’s policies with their staff. Prior experience managing people is required. Additionally, this employee must maintain clear communication with the owners and brewers about the status of the taproom and the taproom team. The taproom manager will be presented with a wide variety of customer service and operational challenges and opportunities and must use their best judgment in addressing these on the spot and without supervision. The Taproom Manager is expected to develop and implement strategies to continually improve the operations and customer experience in the taproom. This is a physical position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implement tracking to monitor inventory levels of consumables (snacks, NA beverages), merchandise, beer, equipment, and supplies needed for operating the tasting room. They will establish re-order thresholds and re-order supplies, merchandise, equipment, etc. as needed.
· Scheduling routine maintenance on equipment such as draft system, bar and back-bar, crowler seamer, etc.
· Hiring, training, and scheduling Taproom Associates
· Make sure Taproom Associates obtain and maintain SafeServe certification.
· Interfacing with other businesses and vendors with whom we do business
· Representing the brand as a brand-ambassador
· Rewarding and disciplining taproom associates as needed
· Writing, updating, and enforcing taproom SOPs
· Implementing staff education program, including beer tasting, beer service, and brewing education.
· Creating and updating beer menus, beer info cards, growler menus, and specials with ownership.
· Coordinating beer releases with ownership.
· Liaising with community Allies (with the help of ownership)
· Interfacing with food trucks and other vendors, and updating food truck schedules
· Recognize, greet, and occasionally reward regulars when they enter the taproom and ensure that they have a great experience
· Creating and maintaining a customer management database to track regulars.
· Assist in planning and executing external events and internal events, both on- and off-site
· Assist in developing and maintaining brewery-to-brewery and other industry relations
· Developing and maintaining taproom programming
· Empowering other employees and delegating responsibilities as the need and opportunity arises.
· Recognizing opportunities for social media marketing inside the taproom.
· Ensure Taproom Associates greet customers, verify age from a government issued ID card before serving alcohol, take orders and promptly serve customers, address questions, sell merchandise, calculate food and merchandise bills, collect payments, and make sure staff understands the products we offer.
· Communicate with owners about taproom successes, challenges, and creative solutions.
· Maintain the culture of the brewery, including ensuring that this is a safe environment for all patrons and employees.
· Deal with security issues quickly, responsibly, safely and effectively.
· Assist in re-creating and maintaining the culture of the brewery during possible taproom expansions.
· Manage cash, change, and deposits; responsible for opening and closing cash drawers. Taproom Manager is also responsible for dispersing tips and depositing an accurate deposit into the safe each night.
· Responsibly hold and use a company credit card, tracking and submitting all receipts
· At least three years of experience working in a brewery, bar, or restaurant, and at least one year of management in a brewery, bar, or restaurant.
· Must be able to lift 58 lbs.
· High school diploma
· Passion for and knowledge about beer. Certified Beer Server certificate from the Cicerone Program or equivalent.
· Must be over 21 years of age.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps; ability to learn new software
· Must be highly organized and be able to manage a calendar.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of draft beer systems
· Responsible Beverage Server or equivalent certificate
· Must be able to sit and stand for at least eight hours per day and five days per week; must be able to reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and walk.
· Paid Time Off
· Paid company holidays
· Health Care
· Beer Benefits
Armistice Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
If you are interested in applying to this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title “Taproom Manager – [FIRST AND LAST NAME]”. Candidates will be submitted to a final background check before they are hire