Now Hiring Part-Time Taproom Associates
Want to get in on the ground floor at an exciting new brewery? How about one that guarantees a beer budget for you to further your beer education with the team? Armistice Brewing Company is hiring a part-time Taproom Associate, and we’re looking for someone to grow with us.
We’re looking for someone who shares our twin commitments to serving fresh, hand-crafted beer and to building a welcoming community in the city of Pride and Purpose. Our taproom employees will foster a warm, neighborhood community vibe by remembering our regulars and welcoming newcomers. We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer service to our diverse community and beer. You will be responsible for welcoming customers, describing and selling beers, and representing our brand and our community. Beer knowledge (Cicerones and BJCP judges) is a plus, but we aim to invest in our employees’ beer education and growth. We are more upstart than startup, so even though we are only hiring part-time employees now, we will be growing quickly with opportunities both in the taproom, in the field, and in the brewhouse. Please identify any complimentary skills you may have in your application (ie, marketing, social media, welding, brewing, molecular biology, event planning, sales, etc.). Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Greeting guests.
· Providing top-notch customer service to all guests and building a positive experience for them in the taproom.
· Responding quickly and appropriately to guest requests and concerns.
· Following all responsible alcohol service protocols (a responsible beverage server certificate will be required prior to employment).
· Pouring beer and filling growlers and crowlers according to our procedures.
· Educating customers who buy beer-to-go about proper handling and storage.
· Educating customers about beer styles, ingredients, and processes (reference materials will be provided and a brewer is always on hand for tough questions!).
· Participating in our paid ongoing employee education program, including triangle tastings, trainings, brewing, and sampling our beer and other beer on the market.
· Maintaining professionalism with guests, management, and co-workers.
· Demonstrating scheduling flexibility as we take on our first few months in operations.
· Following our standard operating procedures.
· Learning how to use our POS system.
· Maintain draft system and clean draft lines.
· Willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
· Enthusiasm about being a part of a growing team.
· Must be 21 years of age
· Prior service experience in a bar, restaurant, brewery, or winery is a plus
· Possess basic math skills and the ability to handle money
· Possess strong communication skills and the desire to improve them
· Posses or be able to obtain training on responsible beverage service
· Possess working knowledge of beer and craft beer industry
· Possess strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws
· Possess the desire to learn and grow with the company
· Possess awareness of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws
· Able to lift heavy objects (25-50 lbs)
· Able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift
· Able to work in crowded and confined spaces
· Able to maintain top-notch customer service and professionalism while working under pressure
· Able to work evenings and weekends
We are committed to offering living wage jobs in Richmond that start at $15/hour plus tips. People of color, women, and Richmond residents are always encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Telling us why you think you would be a good fit and use “Taproom Associate” in the subject line. We're small and we wear a lot of hats; tell us about any other hats, skill sets, or experience you can give to the team. Armistice Brewing Company is at 845 Marina Bay Parkway Ste. 1 in Richmond, CA.